Your OperationsEmployee GrowthHospitality Standards
OPTIMIZE Your Operations
Improve policies & procedures
Streamline employee onboarding
Maximize revenue potential
ACCELERATE Employee Growth
Develop skilled leaders
Generate employee training resources
REDEFINE Hospitality Standards
Learn the latest best practices
Fine tune the guest experience
When you have more than 20 years in the industry and have opened/managed dozens of restaurants in the hospitality capital of the world, you learn a thing or two about what it takes to make a dining establishment succeed. RHI’s Founder and Chief Education Officer, Mark Steele, is a fourth-generation industry veteran whose coaching services have yielded high-impact results for several high-profile companies including Hyatt Hotels, Carver Road Hospitality, and MSC Cruise Lines, to name a few.
A short list of coaching services available:
- Profit Improvement Strategies
- Employee & Manager Training
- Libation Education and Proper Service
- Customized Employee Onboarding Videos
- Management of Employee Hiring Process
- Managing Employee Transitions
- Facilitating Management Transitions
Whether you have a lot of new hires, or long-term employees, everyone can benefit from a training refresh. In addition to providing training tailored to your restaurant’s standards and protocols, RHI has an arsenal of training topics that will help increase service levels, and profits.
RHI has several programs available for your employees:
- Company-wide Training - After a consultation to determine where your staff needs the most help, RHI will come on-site (or you can come to our classroom), and provide company-wide training to all employees who need it.
- Hospitality Certifications - RHI provides two unique and comprehensive courses providing all the tools needed to train up the future workforce. Hospitality Jumpstart is designed specifically for anyone under the legal age to work in restaurants, but is open to all ages. It teaches you all the basics needed for an entry-level job in a dining establishment. Hospitality Server Training prepares adults 21+ for a new career in the culinary world, or helps those already on the floor to further develop their food server skill set and customer service skills.
- Online Continuing Education - Do you have an employee who struggles with one or a few specific aspects of service? RHI has a variety of online training videos to help develop skills in specific areas. You can view the course topics and descriptions recommend to your employees as needed for career development.
Customized Employee Onboarding Videos
Restaurant employee turnover is on the rise in the post-pandemic world. As seasoned employees are leaving, they take all of their institutional knowledge with them. For restaurants reliant on word-of-mouth/on-the-job training, not having a standardized employee training program can lead to inconsistent and unsatisfactory service levels (not to mention negative reviews on Google and Yelp). It’s expensive too.
RHI creates custom training videos that guarantee every employee receives identical standards and protocols. The videos are housed in an online portal that employees may access at any time, anywhere, to view and complete - even on their cell phones. Accountable tests are issued after the course with results emailed directly to your team.
Samples of custom training topics:
- Hospitality 101
- Sequence of Service Tailored to Your Company’s Approach
- Menu Education
- Compliance Videos
- Company Culture Interviews with Principals and Employees
- Industry Specific Education
See how RHI can help streamline your employee training and stabilize service levels.
Your front-of-house staff is the face of the company to guests, but how many times has your team had to rely on the bartender or sommelier to answer a guest’s most basic question? Eliminate wasteful minutes spent consulting with a pro, and empower your staff with the confidence to knowledgeably guide guests through the beverage menu.
RHI offers a variety of Libation Education courses that deep-dive into different alcohols including history, varietals, regions, fun facts, and a tasting led by experts certified in the libation of choice. Mark Steele, our primary educator, maintains industry certifications including but not limited to The Court of Master Sommeliers, Cicerone Certification Program, and Saké Education Council.
We can provide libation education as part of any training/consulting program, but if you want to make it a truly fun experience, you can also book a course for a teambuilder or holiday party!
Alcohol Awareness Cards
Are your employees up to date on their Alcohol Awareness Cards? RHI has all the resources to keep your team compliant from first time registrants to renewals. We offer an online training course available in English and Spanish 24/7 that meets all state requirements for distance education. Once the course is complete, employees can schedule to take the proctored exam in our classroom, or you can make it simple for employees by hosting on-site classes and renewals at your venue (available for groups of 10 or more). In-person classes at RHI are also available.
Leadership starts at the top. In addition to their added management duties, a good manager needs to know what to expect of employees to effectively guide them through the sequence of service. RHI’s Manager Training program elevates your restaurant leaders from good to great by providing them with the same comprehensive instruction on hospitality received by servers in addition to management-specific topics.
This customizable one-on-one or semi-private training with your top managers includes topics such as:
- Federal Compliance: Discrimination | Harassment | Retaliation | Counseling & Documentation
- Leadership: Human Resource Synopsis | Interview Skills | Leader vs. Boss | Handling Guest Opportunities | Role-playing
- Finances: Financial Aptitude | Revenue Generating | Profit & Loss Statement | Cost Understanding
- Food Knowledge: Food Glossary | Cuts of Meats | Ethnic Cuisines | Cheeses | Mother Sauces
- Liquor Studies: Education / History on Spirits | Cocktails | Tastings
- Wines of the World: Service | History | Glossary | Varietals | Tasting
- Sanitation & Health Codes: SNHD Regulations (Southern Nevada Health Department or your local governing health department) | Health and Alcohol Awareness Cards | Daily Checklists and Inspections | A Healthy Restaurant
- Hospitality: Rules of Hospitality | What is Service | Service Workshop | Core Values | Go EATS
- The Art of Service: Service Standards | Restaurant Etiquette | Sequence of Service | Attention to Detail | Beverage Service | Table Maintenance
Give your team the tools needed to master the art of restaurant success and raise everyone’s bottom line.
Earn the BIG WIN with Coach Mark Steele
Contact Mark today for a free consultation
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Redefining Hospitality Standards
RHI is a family-owned and operated education institute dedicated to elevating hospitality and service experiences for all through education and empowerment. We are based in the hospitality capital of the world, Las Vegas, and are licensed to operate by the State of Nevada’s Commission of Postsecondary Education.